Position Title: Graphics Designer, Cross Regional
Location: Kenya, South Africa, India, or Nigeria
Reports to: Communications and Engagement Director
Our Vision and Mission – WomenLift Health is committed to expanding the power and influence of talented women in global health and catalyzing systemic change to achieve gender equality in leadership. We envision a world where diverse, accomplished leaders collectively transform health outcomes. To realize that vision, we seek to expand the power and influence of talented women in health and catalyze system change to achieve gender equality in leadership across various hubs in North America, South Asia, East Africa, and Southern Africa, with prospects of expansion.
Our Work – Established in 2019, we work to advance equality in health leadership through a range of actions at the individual, institutional, and societal levels. This includes a “Leadership Journey,” which focuses on giving mid-career women the tools, along with peer, mentor, and coach support, to successfully use their voice, expertise, and leadership for impact. It includes pushing conversations and partnerships with health institutions taking steps to prioritize gender equality. It also includes driving a global conversation about the importance of women’s leadership, amplifying the voices of national and global health leaders, including at our annual conference, Women Leaders in Global Health.
Our Culture and Values – We are building a diverse, entrepreneurial team of people who bring unique cultural and technical perspectives and experiences. We welcome results-oriented problem-solvers of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability. We are a growing organization that is committed to building a culture with our partners that values:
Collaborative leadership that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and ensures everyone contributes to their full potential.
Partnership grounded in humility, respect, empathy, and inclusion.
Transformative change based upon bold, strategic thinking combined with adaptability and pragmatic action.
Spirit of learning that ensures we are open, forward-looking, constructive, and committed to growing collectively and individually.
Achieving impact by improving global health and gender equality.
WomenLift Health is looking for a skilled Graphics Designer with creativity and technical proficiency to handle graphic design and animation tasks. This role involves the entire design process, from defining requirements to creating visuals like illustrations, logos, infographics, and more. As a graphic designer, you'll be responsible for shaping the visual elements of various media, such as websites, digital campaigns, printed materials, and exhibitions. The goal is to create captivating graphics that effectively convey the intended message and engage the target audience.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams or clients on a wide range of materials, including web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communications, newsletters, and marketing materials.
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity.
- Develop concepts by hand or with software and execute original content by determining the ideal color, text, font style, imagery, and layout usage.
- Manage the design and uploading process for all project materials based on best practices for using a content management system.
- Use trend intelligence and knowledge of historical and current markets when designing and executing specific classifications.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop storyboards for digital campaigns.
- Test graphics across various media and amend designs based on feedback.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts align with the brand identity and are visually appealing.
Required skills and Experience.
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- Five+ years of experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including proofing and editing.
- Self-starter with the ability to monitor, organize, and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- An openness and willingness to learn and share.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in graphic design, art, or related discipline
- Five to eight years of experience in professional graphic design
How to Apply
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio of your design work with 5-7 projects you have worked on through the Jobsoid link. Please also include 3 professional references and your desired annual salary in USD.
WomenLift Health is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
This position will be hired through a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) such as Safeguard or African Deployment.