Position Title: North America Director
Location: US or Canada
Reports to: Amie Batson, President
Hours per week (average): 40 (full time)
Our Vision and Mission – WomenLift Health envisions a world where diverse, accomplished leaders collectively transform health outcomes. To realize that vision, we seek to expand the power and influence of talented mid-career women in health and engage with senior institutional and societal leaders to catalyze systemic change for gender equality in health leadership. We work in North America, South Asia, East Africa, Southern Africa and continue to explore expansion to other regions.
Our Work – Established in 2019, we work to advance equality in health leadership through a range of actions at the individual, institutional, and societal levels. This includes “Leadership Journeys,” which focus on equipping mid-career women with tools, along with peer, mentor and coach support, to successfully use their voice, expertise and leadership for impact. It includes pushing conversations and partnerships with senior leaders in health institutions, taking steps to prioritize gender equality. It also includes supporting/ convening global conversations about the importance of women’s leadership, amplifying the voices of national and global health leaders including at the bi-annual WomenLift Health Conference.
Our Culture and Values – We are building a diverse, entrepreneurial team of people who bring unique cultural and technical perspectives and experiences. We welcome results-oriented problem-solvers of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, and disability. We are a growing organization that is committed to building a culture with our partners that values:
· Collaborative leadership that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and ensures everyone contributes to their full potential.
· Partnership grounded in humility, respect, empathy, and inclusion.
· Transformative change based upon bold, strategic thinking combined with adaptability and pragmatic action.
· Spirit of learning that ensures we are open, forward-looking, constructive, and committed to growing collectively and individually.
· Achieving impact by improving global health and gender equality.
WomenLift Health is seeking an experienced, strategic, innovative, and dynamic Director to design, lead, grow, and implement the WomenLift Health strategy in the North America region (Canada and the United States of America). The North America Director will be responsible for building a strategic network of relationships with Global Health institutions and high-level champions in the region to elevate the voice and influence of women leaders in global health in the North America region, to influence systemic change in Global Health organizations and contribute to a movement toward gender equality. The Director must be highly strategic, thrive in a dynamic and creative work environment, be a self-starter and be a passionate change agent for advancing women’s leadership in global health.
Management and Leadership
· Provide strategic leadership for the North America Regional Hub, including establishing and growing WomenLift Health’s presence and partnerships in North America.
· Working in a matrix structure, build, sustain and lead an inspired, high performing, inclusive and diverse team and contribute to sustaining the WomenLift Health culture.
· As a member of the WomenLift Health Senior Leadership Team (SLT), actively contribute to global management decisions regarding the organizational growth, strategy and priorities of WomenLift Health and provide guidance to the President and other senior leaders on strategic opportunities.
· In collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Lead, ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation in North America, ensuring accurate data collection and use for purposes of reporting, program improvement and donor accountability.
· Serve as a key WomenLift Health representative in North America and in other regions as appropriate in interviews, panels, events, and other forums.
Strategy Development and Implementation: Programs, Partners, and Brand
Build and lead a North America Regional Hub team of 3-5 staff to develop, implement and monitor the contextualized WomenLift Health strategy and program implementation plan to address the leadership training needs of women in the region. This will include the following activities to advance women’s leadership and gender equality in global health.
· Scaling up the Leadership Journey and other capacity building programs.
· Partnering with and influencing global health institutions.
· Contributing to thought leadership for societal movement.
· In collaboration with the Communications and Engagement Director, oversee the development and implementation of a strategic communication plan that will promote key messaging in North America.
· Design and implement platforms to raise the visibility of women leaders and male allies and promote the WomenLift Health brand.
· Partner with fellow regional Directors and functional teams to design new programs and projects, share learning, engage, and manage implementing partners, and build shared capacity.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
· Master’s Degree required.
· Minimum 15 years' work experience in global health, development, or DEI/leadership fields including 10 years of regional or global experience leading the development of strategy for and execution of projects of comparable size/complexity.
· Minimum of 10 years leading and managing a team.
· Established network of personal and institutional relationships in global health.
· Experience working across multiple countries and cultures.
· Experience working in global health, gender equality or leadership development required.
· Demonstrated impact designing and implementing a complex regional or global strategy.
· Strong influencing, negotiating and relationship management skills, including successfully engaging and influencing high-level leaders and partners.
· Proven ability to grow, manage, leverage, and sustain a diverse, multi-cultural, best-in-class team.
· Proven ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that requires initiative, flexibility, ingenuity, resilience and commitment.
· Outstanding communications skills, including the ability to work across cultures and geographies at all levels and for all audiences.
· Available for early morning calls (as early as 5AM once a week) if you are in the Pacific time zone
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
· Additional language, especially Spanish
How to Apply
Please apply through the Jobsoid link. You will be asked to submit a) your resume, b) cover letter detailing why you are interested and a good fit for the role, and c) list of three references.
Salary Range: $125,000 to $155,000 USD
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401K retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401K contributions. Employees are also eligible for pretax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of voluntary leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodation may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected].
WomenLift Health is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
If selected, US-based candidates will be hired directly as a staff member of the New Venture Fund. Canada-based candidates will be hired through a PEO (Professional Employer Organization), such as Safeguard.
NVF participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the United States. Job candidates and employees authorized to work may not be discriminated against on the basis of national origin or citizenship status.