Position Title: Finance Manager (Non-Profit)
Location: Any major city in Canada, India, Kenya, or South Africa
Reports to: Operations Director
Our Vision and Mission – WomenLift Health is committed to expanding the power and influence of talented women in global health and catalyzing systemic change to achieve gender equality in leadership. We envision a world where diverse, accomplished leaders collectively transform health outcomes.
Our Work – Established in 2019, we work to advance equality in health leadership through a range of actions at the individual, institutional, and societal levels. This includes a “Leadership Journey,” which focuses on giving mid-career women the tools, along with peer, mentor and coach support, to successfully use their voice, expertise and leadership for impact. It includes pushing conversations and partnerships with health institutions, taking steps to prioritize gender equality. It also includes driving a global conversation about the importance of women’s leadership, amplifying the voices of national and global health leaders including at our annual conference, Women Leaders in Global Health.
Our Culture and Values – We are building a diverse, entrepreneurial team of people who bring unique cultural and technical perspectives and experiences. We welcome results-oriented problem-solvers of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability. We are a growing organization that is committed to building a culture with our partners that values:
- Collaborative leadership that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and ensures everyone contributes to their full potential.
- Partnership grounded in humility, respect, empathy, and inclusion.
- Transformative change based upon bold, strategic thinking combined with adaptability and pragmatic action.
- Spirit of learning that ensures we are open, forward-looking, constructive, and committed to growing collectively and individually.
- Achieving impact by improving global health and gender equality.
The Finance Manager (Non-Profit), together with the Operations Director, is responsible for budgeting, financial analysis, financial compliance and donor reporting for WomenLift Health. The position reports directly to the Operations Director.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- With the Operations Director, lead the budget planning and management process, including:
- Prepare and manage WomenLift Health budgeting and budgets for all functional teams and regional hubs, including maintaining accurate, real-time reconciliations of actuals to forecasted budget on a monthly basis.
- Lead the preparation of proposal budgets and amendment requests.
- Invoice all grants and contracts in accordance with multiple funder/donor requirements monthly.
- Review and/or generate financial reports in compliance with donor requirements.
- Analyze spending trends and provide regular feedback and analysis.
- Develop regular financial reports and interpret financial information for managers and directors while recommending further courses of action.
- Conduct reviews and analysis for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Develop reliable cash flow forecasts and reports and recommend policies and processes to ensure that adequate cash is available for operational needs.
- Coordinate with donors and WomenLift staff to complete all cost reports in a timely manner including reviewing recorded activities to ensure acceptance / compliance with contract/grant regulations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as needed.
- Process invoices as they come in.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or economics; financial audit experience preferred but not required
- Advanced quantitative and Excel skills
- 4-8 years of experience in grants management and/or non-profit financial planning and budgeting
- Prior experience in budget and contract monitoring
- Aptitude for presenting financial information in understandable formats for multiple audiences in written and oral formats
- Demonstrated commitment to social impact and strong work ethic
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong communicator
- Extremely well-organized, detail-oriented and analytical
- Flexible and collaborative
- Strong relationship builder
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter through Jobsoid link. As part of the application packet, you will be asked to submit a) your resume, b) cover letter detailing why you are interested and a good fit for the role, and c) list of 3 references.
WomenLift Health is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
This position will be hired through a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) such as Safeguard or African Deployment.