Position Title: India Director
Reports to: Amie Batson, President, WomenLift Health
Hours per week (average): 40 (full time)
Full time: Exempt
Our Vision and Mission – WomenLift Health is committed to expanding the power and influence of talented women in global health and catalyzing systemic change to achieve gender equality in leadership. We envision a world where diverse, accomplished leaders collectively transform health outcomes.
Our Work – Established in 2019, we work to advance equality in health leadership through a range of actions at the individual, institutional, and societal levels. This includes a “Leadership Journey,” which focuses on giving mid-career women the tools, along with peer, mentor and coach support, to successfully use their voice, expertise and leadership for impact. It includes pushing conversations and partnerships with health institutions, taking steps to prioritize gender equality. It also includes driving a global conversation about the importance of women’s leadership, amplifying the voices of national and global health leaders including at our annual conference, Women Leaders in Global Health.
Our Culture and Values – We are building a diverse, entrepreneurial team of people who bring unique cultural and technical perspectives and experiences. We welcome results-oriented problem-solvers of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability. We are a growing organization that is committed to building a culture with our partners that values:
- Collaborative leadership that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and ensures everyone contributes to their full potential.
- Partnership grounded in humility, respect, empathy, and inclusion.
- Transformative change based upon bold, strategic thinking combined with adaptability and pragmatic action.
- Spirit of learning that ensures we are open, forward-looking, constructive, and committed to growing collectively and individually.
- Achieving impact by improving global health and gender equality.
WomenLift Health is seeking an experienced, innovative, strategic, and dynamic India Director to design, lead, grow, and implement the WomenLift Health strategy in India. The India Director leads the engagement of partner institutions and high-level champions to expand the voice and influence of women leaders in health in India, influence systemic change in organizations and contribute to a movement toward gender equality. The India Director must have excellent skills engaging and building partnerships with a deep understanding of the Indian context, at both state and national levels. The Director must be highly strategic, thrive in a dynamic and creative work environment, be a self-starter and be a passionate change agent for advancing women’s leadership in global health.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Management and Leadership
- Provide strategic leadership for the India Hub, including establishing and growing WomenLift Health’s presence and partnerships in India, overseeing the budget and operations, and building and leading a dynamic team.
- Working in a matrix structure, lead and sustain an inspired, high-performing, inclusive and diverse team and contribute to sustaining the WomenLift Health culture.
- As a member of the WomenLift Health Senior Leadership Team (SLT), actively participate in management decisions regarding the growth, strategy and priorities of WomenLift Health and provide guidance to the Executive Director and senior leaders on strategic opportunities.
- In collaboration with the global monitoring, evaluation and learning team, oversee monitoring and evaluation in India, ensuring accurate data for purposes of reporting, program improvement and donor accountability.
- Serve as the WomenLift Health spokesperson for India and other regions as appropriate in interviews, panels, events, and other forums.
Strategy Development and Implementation: Programs, Partners, and Brand
- Lead the Indian team to develop, implement and monitor the contextualized WomenLift Health strategy and program implementation plan for India. The program strategy will align with and contribute to global and cross-regional plans and will include:
- Building scalable platforms to support contextualized programs and activities in India addressing training for women leaders.
- Establishing and supporting a network of women leader alumnae.
- Supporting activities to provide services to women in other South Asian countries as WomenLift Health expands its presence in the region.
- Develop partnerships with key leaders and national and sub-national organizations in India to advance women’s leadership and gender equality in health.
- Designing and supporting national and State-level efforts to advance women’s leadership in the Indian health systems (public, private, NGO).
- Engaging select organizational leaders in creating more gender friendly work environments.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a strategic communication plan that will promote key messaging on women’s leadership in health
- Provide platforms to raise the visibility of women leaders and men allies, and establish the WomenLift Health brand.
- Integrate women’s leadership topics and speakers in planned Indian conferences and meetings.
- Work with fellow Directors and teams to design new programs and projects, share learning, engage and manage implementing partners, and build shared capacity.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum 15 years' work experience with 10 years of related regional or global experience in independently developing and executing projects of comparable size/complexity, including managing a team
- Experience working in multiple states in India
- Background and experience in global health, gender equity or leadership development
- Demonstrated impact in designing and implementing a complex country wide strategy
- Established network of personal and institutional relationships in health in India
- Strong influencing, negotiating and relationship management skills, including proven capacity to engage with high-level leaders and partners
- Depth of global experience, cultural-sensitivity, judgment, and confidence befitting a senior leadership position
- Proven ability to grow, manage, leverage, and sustain a diverse, multi-cultural, best-in-class team
- Proven ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that requires initiative, flexibility, ingenuity, resilience and commitment
- Outstanding communications skills, including the ability to work across cultures and geographies at all levels and for all audiences
Preferred (not required) Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Additional languages, especially Hindi
- Experience working in other South Asian countries
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter through Jobsoid link. Please also include 3 professional references and desired annual salary in INR.
We are looking for talent that is passionate, self-driven, flexible, able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced demanding environment that shows strong initiative and ability to proactively manage assigned project deliverables with minimal supervision.
The talent will be hired through either GFS Consulting Private Limited (India) for WomenLift Health. Global Finance Strategies (GFS) founded in 2012 is a subsidiary of Global Health Strategies (GHS), which has been providing expert consulting services to clients working in international health and development for nearly 15 years. GFS has offices in New York, New Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Beijing, Nairobi and Johannesburg and supports work in diverse countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.