Position Title: Human Resources Manager, Cross-regional
Location: India, Kenya, or South Africa
Reports to: Ling Liang, Operations Director
Hours per week (average): 40 (full time)
Our Vision and Mission – WomenLift Health is committed to expanding the power and influence of talented women in global health and catalyzing systemic change to achieve gender equality in leadership. We envision a world where diverse, accomplished leaders collectively transform health outcomes.
Our Work – Established in 2019, we work to advance equality in health leadership through a range of actions at the individual, institutional, and societal levels. This includes a “Leadership Journey,” which focuses on giving mid-career women the tools, along with peer, mentor and coach support, to successfully use their voice, expertise and leadership for impact. It includes pushing conversations and partnerships with health institutions, taking steps to prioritize gender equality. It also includes driving a global conversation about the importance of women’s leadership, amplifying the voices of national and global health leaders including at our annual conference, Women Leaders in Global Health.
Our Culture and Values – We are building a diverse, entrepreneurial team of people who bring unique cultural and technical perspectives and experiences. We welcome results-oriented problem-solvers of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability. We are a growing organization that is committed to building a culture with our partners that values:
- Collaborative leadership that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and ensures everyone contributes to their full potential.
- Partnership grounded in humility, respect, empathy, and inclusion.
- Transformative change based upon bold, strategic thinking combined with adaptability and pragmatic action.
- Spirit of learning that ensures we are open, forward-looking, constructive, and committed to growing collectively and individually.
- Achieving impact by improving global health and gender equality.
WomenLift Health is seeking an HR Manager with experience supporting cross-regional functions to join our team. The HR Manager will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of HR policies, programs, and services, with an emphasis on talent acquisition. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience working on a global team.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and implement HR policies and programs that align with the WomenLift Health’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process, including job postings, candidate screening, interviewing, and onboarding.
- Oversee performance management processes, including goal setting, performance evaluations, and feedback.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action, and termination.
- Ensure compliance with national and local employment laws and regulations, partnering with internal partners and external resources as needed.
- Oversee the administration of leave and employee benefits as applicable. Track trends and make recommendations for changes or improvements based on data.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records.
- Create and maintain HR metrics, oversee employee surveys, and distill the data to share with leaders and employees.
- Continuously evaluate and improve HR processes and programs to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 5+ years of experience in an HR manager or HR generalist position with at least 3 years of experience recruiting or in recruiting operations; minimum of 2 years in a complex global organization. Experience in global non-profit strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing HR policies, programs, and initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships across geographies and at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal required
- Proven ability to appropriately handle confidential information and advise leaders on sensitive employee matters.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Commitment to WomenLift Health’s mission, vision, theory of change, and unique positioning in the field
- Sophisticated knowledge and use of technology and varying digital platforms (e.g, Zoom, Monday, Sharepoint)
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with colleagues, clients, and external stakeholders from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects in a timely manner
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter through Jobsoid link. As part of the application packet, you will be asked to submit a) your resume, b) cover letter detailing why you are interested and a good fit for the role, and c) list of three references.
WomenLift Health is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
WomenLift Health intends to hire the selected candidate employment via a PEO (Professional Employer Organization) such as BDO Kenya or GFS Consulting. Candidate must live and be authorized to work in the respective country you are applying from.