Position Title: Events Manager
Location: Delhi, India, or Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Communications and Engagement Director
Our Vision and Mission – WomenLift Health is committed to expanding the power and influence of talented women in global health and catalyzing systemic change to achieve gender equality in leadership. We envision a world where diverse, accomplished leaders collectively transform health outcomes. To realize that vision, we seek to expand the power and influence of talented women in health and catalyze system change to achieve gender equality in leadership, across various hubs in North America, South Asia, East Africa and Southern Africa, with prospects of expansion.
Our Work – Established in 2019, we work to advance equality in health leadership through a range of actions at the individual, institutional, and societal levels. This includes a “Leadership Journey,” which focuses on giving mid-career women the tools, along with peer, mentor and coach support, to successfully use their voice, expertise and leadership for impact. It includes pushing conversations and partnerships with health institutions, taking steps to prioritize gender equality. It also includes driving a global conversation about the importance of women’s leadership, amplifying the voices of national and global health leaders including at our annual conference, Women Leaders in Global Health.
Our Culture and Values – We are building a diverse, entrepreneurial team of people who bring unique cultural and technical perspectives and experiences. We welcome results-oriented problem-solvers of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability. We are a growing organization that is committed to building a culture with our partners that values:
- Collaborative leadership that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and ensures everyone contributes to their full potential.
- Partnership grounded in humility, respect, empathy, and inclusion.
- Transformative change based upon bold, strategic thinking combined with adaptability and pragmatic action.
- Spirit of learning that ensures we are open, forward-looking, constructive, and committed to growing collectively and individually.
- Achieving impact by improving global health and gender equality.
WomenLift Health is seeking an experienced, innovative, dynamic and competent Events Manager to organize and oversee WomenLift Health’s annual conference, and other targeted regional and international events, to enhance our brand and thought leadership. The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills and excellent time management. This individual must thrive in a dynamic and creative work environment, be a self-starter and be a passionate change agent for advancing women’s leadership.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and implement an annual event plan and accompanying concepts.
- Work closely with the WomenLift Health team and mission critical contractors on different aspects of the WomenLift Health signature annual conference, and act as the “Task master” for all teams and contractors keeping everyone updated and on time with tasks assigned.
- Be master of the conference spreadsheet, keeping a global view of all aspects of the conference.
- Build a comprehensive spreadsheet to keep track of all communications and expected timelines with speakers and moderators, including confirmations, calendar invites, reminders, conference run-through, etc.
- Collect bios and headshots of all speakers and moderators, work with different teams on conference and event agenda, updating website, etc.
- Liaise with speakers and moderators, including confirming engagement roles, sending calendar holds, scheduling tech checks and video production.
- Work with various teams (both internal and external) ensuring sufficient promotions and branding pre, during and post events.
- Support and facilitate in handling issues of budgeting, invoicing and negotiating with vendors.
- Analyze event success and prepare post event summary reports and ensure follow-up where necessary.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 8+ years’ experience in organizing various aspects of global conferences, virtual or in-person
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, public relations or related field
- A deep understanding of everything that goes into conference planning
- Strong interest in global health, leadership, or gender equity
- Solid writing and communication and marketing skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and time management
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Risk management experience
- Proficiency in various event software
- Proven ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that requires initiative, flexibility, ingenuity, resilience and commitment
- May require up to 15% travel
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Project Management competencies
- Additional language
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter through Jobsoid link. Please also include 3 professional references and desired annual salary in USD. Please share links to events you have organized if available.
WomenLift Health is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
WomenLift Health intends to hire the selected candidate employment via a PEO (Professional Employer Organization) such as BDO Kenya. Candidate must live and be authorized to work in the respective country you are applying from.