Position Title: Facilitator, India
Location: Delhi, India
Reports to: Shagun Sabarwal, South Asia and Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Director
Our Vision and Mission – WomenLift Health is committed to expanding the power and influence of talented women in global health and catalyzing systemic change to achieve gender equality in leadership. We envision a world where diverse, accomplished leaders collectively transform health outcomes.
Our Work – Established in 2019, we work to advance equality in health leadership through a range of actions at the individual, institutional, and societal levels. This includes a “Leadership Journey,” which focuses on giving mid-career women the tools, along with peer, mentor and coach support, to successfully use their voice, expertise and leadership for impact. It includes pushing conversations and partnerships with health institutions, taking steps to prioritize gender equality. It also includes driving a global conversation about the importance of women’s leadership, amplifying the voices of national and global health leaders including at our annual conference, Women Leaders in Global Health.
Our Culture and Values – We are building a diverse, entrepreneurial team of people who bring unique cultural and technical perspectives and experiences. We welcome results-oriented problem-solvers of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability. We are a growing organization that is committed to building a culture with our partners that values:
- Collaborative leadership that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and ensures everyone contributes to their full potential.
- Partnership grounded in humility, respect, empathy, and inclusion.
- Transformative change based upon bold, strategic thinking combined with adaptability and pragmatic action.
- Spirit of learning that ensures we are open, forward-looking, constructive, and committed to growing collectively and individually.
- Achieving impact by improving global health and gender equality.
WomenLift Health is seeking a Facilitator to work under the direction of the South Asia and Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Director and in close collaboration with training teammates around the globe. The Facilitator will be responsible for the facilitation of WomenLift Health’s signature Leadership Journey for mid-career women in health. Through facilitated discussions, mentoring, coaching, and hands-on exercises, the Leadership Journey imparts contextualized tools & frameworks to address the individual, institutional, and societal challenges that women leaders in health face today. The India-based Leadership Journey will run at least 1 cohort of 30 women for a 12-month duration annually and will scale up to 2-3 total concurrent cohorts each year. The cohort members represent a diversity of disciplines, sectors, cultures, and nationalities.
Using a Human-Centered Design approach, our program is focused on vertical development which focuses on the mindset shifts needed to solve complex and unpredictable challenges. These include cultivating the influence and presence to lead through significant strategic shifts in one’s department or institution, how to build relationships, lead with agility in evolving work environments (e.g. going remote), and how to enhance the confidence, courage, and resilience for leading change while experiencing global systemic shocks like a pandemic. Please see a sample Journey calendar & session themes here.
In addition to facilitating the Leadership Journey, this position will also be responsible for facilitating other training modalities offered by WomenLift Health including PowerUp workshops, customized programs for institutional partners, eLearning, and more. They will be part of WomenLift’s facilitator community and deliver programs in an impactful, clear, and interactive way and share continuous feedback to ensure that the content remains topical to the needs of women in the health leadership landscape. Their role will, therefore, require them to demonstrate cultural sensitivity, empathy, astute judgment, emotional intelligence, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Being attuned to the needs of program participants and creating safe yet engaging learning environments for them is critical to success in this position.
If selected for this role, you must be able to attend the week-long in-person Training of Trainers which will take place 5 June – 9 June 2023 (location TBD).
This recruitment is for 1 full-time (100% FTE) position and will report to the South Asia and Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Mastering WomenLift Curriculum
- Attend and participate in a week-long in-person Training of Trainers, which includes being immersed in the understanding and delivery of curriculum for the Leadership Journey and content for stand-alone workshops like the PowerUp series.
- Develop a solid grasp of WomenLift concepts, contexts, process, and content; Become well-versed with key facilitation styles
- Onboard other facilitators and lead future Training of Trainer convenings in region to help scale up the Leadership Journey and other learning modalities
Facilitation & Community Building
- As part of the year-long Leadership Journey, facilitate monthly virtual learning touchpoint sessions and 2 in-person 3-day learning residencies that are focused on key elements of our signature leadership journey for mid-career women in health. In India, we will scale up to having potentially up to 3 concurrent cohorts as well as growing the regional alumnae community.
- Facilitate additional sessions for the alumnae community and broader audiences including institutional partners, potentially virtually or in-person; Facilitate other training modalities for mid-career women in health such as quarterly PowerUp Workshops that are open to the public
- Serve as a reliable, trusted anchor for program participants
- Hold 1:1 office hour check-ins and respond to asynchronous communications with cohort members to offer guidance or clarity on learning content or personal/professional leadership challenges that they are facing
- Manage coaches and help maintain relationships with critical Journey stakeholders, including other facilitators, mentors, guest speakers, and health experts
- Ensure program quality, smooth implementation, and that needs of the cohort members are addressed; help ensure alignment across Leadership Journey activities, deliverables, and curriculum
- Plan the agenda and experience of the in-person learning residencies as part of the Leadership Journey
- Meet with the leadership development teams of other regions to exchange learnings and best practices on curriculum, platforms, systems, and processes
- Ensure program quality by informing the design of session evaluation surveys and incorporating feedback into program design and facilitation
Content Contextualization & Development
- Work closely with regional and cross-country leadership development teams and partner organizations on the continued contextualization of the core curricula of the leadership journey and its delivery, ensuring its relevance to mid-career women leaders representing different global health sectors, cultures, and identities. The content for this Leadership Journey has already been developed by WomenLift Health team and partners but it continues to evolve with changes in context
- Contribute to the design and facilitation of alumnae programming and community-building opportunities
- Contribute to the design and improvement of Training of Trainers program as well as the stand-alone workshops for mid-career women in health (PowerUp Workshops) and other learning modalities
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 15+ years of work experience with minimum 5 years of facilitation experience in leadership development training
- Demonstrated experience leading trainings in India and with diverse audiences
- Demonstrated experience working with mid-career and/or high-ranking women leaders either at the national, regional, and/or international levels
- Proven ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that requires initiative, flexibility, ingenuity, resilience and commitment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding communications skills including the ability to work across cultures and geographies at all levels and for all audiences
- English fluency (written and spoken)
- Living and working in the time zone of India
- Ability to connect with and build safe spaces for women of a wide range of sociopolitical views and across sectors such as academia, government, NGO, and/or philanthropy
- Ability to lead trainings and deliver content with cultural sensitivity, empathy, astute judgment & intuition, confidence, and emotional intelligence
- Exhibit active listening skills, authenticity, maturity, and discretion; exhibit good judgment in terms of managing time and nimbly adjusting if needed
- Build a psychologically safe, inclusive and productive group environment and dialogue; weave in impactful current events when appropriate
- Deliver content in a clear and engaging way, while asking thought-provoking questions that produce deep insights; De-escalate conflict that arises in the classroom as needed
- Ability to leverage a variety of interactive learning tools (Miro board, polls, etc.)
Preferred (not required) Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Background and experience in health and gender equity
- Is a national of the target geography
- Certified to work with assessments and has experience translating them to leader learning and application (For example: the Workplace Big Five, Influence Style Indicator, and Benchmark 360 assessments)
- Experience with coaching; Ample hours of coaching
- An academic or instructional background in gender, women or minority studies
- Experience of working or participating in gender-centered programs
- Experience in developing and contextualizing leadership training curriculum that serves diverse audiences from different cultures
- Additional languages, especially Hindi
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter through Jobsoid link. Please also include 3 professional references and desired annual salary in [INR]. Candidates who pass initial interviews will be asked to participate in a Colloquium where you and fellow candidates lead a 10-min presentation and facilitate a practice interactive session for the hiring team.
* If selected for this role, you must be able to attend the week-long in-person Training of Trainers which will take place 5 June – 9 June 2023 (location: TBD).
We are looking for talent that is passionate, self-driven, flexible, able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced demanding environment that shows strong initiative and ability to proactively manage assigned project deliverables with minimal supervision.
The talent will be hired through either GFS Consulting Private Limited (India) for WomenLift Health. Global Finance Strategies (GFS) founded in 2012 is a subsidiary of Global Health Strategies (GHS), which has been providing expert consulting services to clients working in international health and development for nearly 15 years. GFS has offices in New York, New Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Beijing, Nairobi and Johannesburg and supports work in diverse countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.