Position Title: Operations Coordinator
Location: India (Delhi preferred, but open to other locations in India)
Reports to: Ling Liang, Global Operations Director
Hours per week (average): 40 hours (100% FTE)
Our Vision and Mission – WomenLift Health is committed to expanding the power and influence of talented women in global health and catalyzing systemic change to achieve gender equality in leadership. We envision a world where diverse, accomplished leaders collectively transform health outcomes.
Our Work – Established in 2019, we work to advance equality in health leadership through a range of actions at the individual, institutional, and societal levels. This includes a “Leadership Journey,” which focuses on giving mid-career women the tools, along with peer, mentor and coach support, to successfully use their voice, expertise and leadership for impact. It includes pushing conversations and partnerships with health institutions, taking steps to prioritize gender equality. It also includes driving a global conversation about the importance of women’s leadership, amplifying the voices of national and global health leaders including at our annual conference, Women Leaders in Global Health.
Our Culture and Values – We are building a diverse, entrepreneurial team of people who bring unique cultural and technical perspectives and experiences. We welcome results-oriented problem-solvers of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability. We are a growing organization that is committed to building a culture with our partners that values:
- Collaborative leadership that celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences and ensures everyone contributes to their full potential.
- Partnership grounded in humility, respect, empathy, and inclusion.
- Bold, strategic thinking combined with adaptability and pragmatic action to foster transformative change.
- Spirit of learning that ensures we are open, forward-looking, constructive, and committed to growing collectively and individually.
- Achieving impact by improving global health and gender equality.
The Operations Coordinator will be based out of India and work under the direction of the Global Operations Director. The Operations Coordinator will be an important member of the small and nimble WomenLift Health Ops team helping to design, build and implement the ambitious WomenLift Health strategy and work program. This position plays a vital role in team resource management, meeting/travel planning and logistics, and contract management and payment, primarily in India but also supporting the team globally as well. The Operations Coordinator must possess a keen eye for detail, planning, organization and enjoy building and refining implementation processes and systems. The ideal candidate should be able to work adeptly both independently and in a team.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Working with Global Operations Director and Operations Manager, implement operational policies and procedures:
- Operations Support (50%)
- Coordinate the operations workplan and project managing operations projects of varying types and scopes
- Provide operational support to newly launched country and regional hubs to support and scale up their local teams
- Coordinate IT support needs and technological assets/resources of the organization
- Coordinate work with IT providers, cybersecurity efforts, and facilitating team members' technology needs at global, regional, and hub levels
- Primarily support contract development, management, oversight, payments, liaising with program staff leads and contractors for India Hub and as needed globally
- Assist with travel arrangements including booking flights, reserving meeting spaces, and providing other logistical support as required for events
- Work with the Operations team to implement operations at New Venture Fund, including:
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services for the WomenLift Health team as needed, including but not limited to: planning and coordinating office moves, setting up office space, managing standard equipment repairs, etc.
- Track and process invoices and expense reports.
- Human Resources Support (25%)
- Support recruiting and hiring
- Post new positions on Jobsoid, coordinate with Communications team to post on website and other social media channels
- Screen and tag applicants in Jobsoid, advance applicants for interviews
- Set up Doodle polls, schedule interviews, send follow up e-mails to applicants, etc.
- Support onboarding
- Set up new staff, including orientation scheduling, ordering supplies, setting up accounts, etc.
- Support evaluation process
- Support recruiting and hiring
- General Administrative Support (25%)
- Support the South Asia Region Director with calendaring support and travel arrangements and other forms of support as prioritized and other duties as needed, including booking travel and submitting reimbursements
- Meeting support for SLT: send out Doodle polls, schedule meetings, and help develop and share materials (agendas, support documents, etc.) in advance of meetings. Take notes during meetings and disseminate.
- Compose, edit and/or draft presentation materials (Powerpoint), background documents (Word) and materials, reports and agendas for the WomenLift Health team.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3+ years related experience for projects of comparable size/complexity
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Experience working with a range of individuals in nonprofit organizations, government, foundations, and private sectors
- Sophisticated knowledge and use of technology and varying digital platforms
- Commitment to WomenLift Health’s mission, vision, theory of change, and unique positioning in the field
- Ability to exercise cultural competency and work respectfully with a diverse team across varied cultures, geographies, and time zones
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
How to Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter through Jobsoid link. Please also include 3 professional references and desired annual salary in USD.
We are looking for talent that is passionate, self-driven, flexible, able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced demanding environment that shows strong initiative and ability to proactively manage assigned project deliverables with minimal supervision.
The talent will be hired through GFS Consulting Private Limited (India) for WomenLift Health. Global Finance Strategies (GFS) founded in 2012 is a subsidiary of Global Health Strategies (GHS), which has been providing expert consulting services to clients working in international health and development for nearly 15 years. GFS has offices in New York, New Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Beijing, Nairobi and Johannesburg and supports work in diverse countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.