WomenLift Health is seeking a Training Lead to work under the direction of the India Program Director and in close collaboration with local teammates, the US-based programs team, and WomenLift teams around the globe. Using a Human-Centered Design approach, the Training Lead will be responsible for content development, contextualization and facilitation of the WomenLift Health training programs and workshops for mid-career women leaders in health focusing on leadership development in India. The Training Lead will be responsible for the high-quality implementation of WomenLift Health’s flagship leadership program, Leadership journey. Through facilitated discussions, mentoring, coaching, and hands-on exercises, the Leadership Journey imparts contextualized tools & frameworks to address the individual, organizational, and societal challenges that women leaders in health face today. The India-based Leadership Journey will initially operate 1 cohort in 2022 with 30 women for a 12-month duration and will scale up to 2-3 cohorts per year and incorporate additional short-term training modalities in the future.
In addition to developing content for a range of short-term training workshops, this position will be responsible for leading the adaptation and refinement of the design and implementation of Women Lift’s Leadership Journey, which includes coordinating the effort of content experts housed in partner organizations, developing and adapting systems and processes to appropriately contextualize the core curricula, pedagogy, mentoring, and coaching networks to be relevant to different cultures and health systems across our target countries in India. Beyond their contribution to the adaptation of the India curricula, the Training Lead will manage and adapt processes to efficiently administer, track, and support the operations of the Leadership Journey.
The ideal candidate is a passionate change agent for advancing women’s leadership. They are a self-starter, self-driven learner, relish co-creating with a team, and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. They must possess a keen eye for detail, planning, and organization. The ideal candidate should be able to toggle adeptly between working independently and in a team. The Training Lead must be able to exercise clear judgment when delineating issues that can be managed independently versus those that should be escalated to supervisors. Keen observation, astute judgement, and proficient management skills are critical to success in this position.
This recruitment is for 1 full-time (100% FTE) position. Ideally the candidate will be located in Dehli, though we will also consider candidates in other locations in India.
To apply for this position please share a sample of a training module that you have developed or contributed to along with your resume and cover letter. In case of contribution, please describe your exact role in co-creation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with India Program Director, Program Manager and Program content experts in the WomenLift team and partner organizations to manage contextualization, implementation, and iteration of the Leadership Journey
- Oversee the contextualization of the core curricula of the leadership journey, and its delivery to be relevant to mid-career women leaders in different cultures and health systems for cohorts across three target countries in India. The content for this Leadership Journey has already been developed by WomenLift Health team and partners.
- Manage relationships with critical Journey stakeholders, including facilitators, mentors, coaches, guest speakers and experts
- Share learnings and best practices on Leadership Journey curriculum, platform, systems, and process with global team
- Contribute to the process of consistent surveying of mid-career women in health in India to determine the needs and priority leadership focus for women leaders in different health sectors and disciplines in their particular cultural context
- Lead the process of developing formats for leadership journey that can be adapted at state level
- Be the lead point person from India to develop new content on emerging areas for WomenLift Health such as male allyship, leadership development for government officers and so on.
- Lead the program design and implementation for all activities related to the India based WomenLift Alumnae and contribute to the same for the Global Alumnae network.
- Contribute to the creation of additional training modalities for Indian mid-career women in health:
- Contribute to the development of training-of-trainers (TOT) curricula and processes with the aim of building a cadre of local trainers in India; Identify and recruit facilitators to undergo TOT program and participate in the training to serve as a backup facilitator.
- Contribute to the design of stand-alone workshops (PowerUp Workshops), short term training modalities for regional and state level programs in India, and E-Learning modules for mid-career women leaders in health in the Indian Alumnae network.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to oversee the operational platform, systems, and processes for the annual India-based Leadership Journey (up to 2-3 cohorts per year once scaled):
- Adapt and implement the application process for each Journey, including promotion, intake, initial screening, and review by a Selection Committee
- Develop and manage systems to track, support, evaluate, and find synergies between cohort members’ leadership projects
- Review and contribute to the development and dissemination of key information to the cohort, mentors, coaches, and other Journey stakeholders including for the purposes of program orientation & alignment, and community-building
- Oversee the documentation of all India-based Journey systems and processes
- Assist WomenLift Health communications and design personnel with development of India cohort training materials such as presentations, invitations, brochures, website collateral, social media assets, etc.
- Support program monitoring, evaluating and learning efforts by contributing to defining, reviewing, and helping to track core metrics of the Leadership Journey, which includes the application process, virtual learning activities, in-person residencies, leadership projects, mentoring sessions, coaching sessions, peer engagement, and alumnae network
- Work with the India Program Coordinator to support the India Program Director with tracking budget expenditures, and reviewing contracts and agreements related to the Leadership Journey
- Meet with the Leadership Journey teams of other regions to exchange learnings and best practices; contribute to facilitating the global community of WomenLift alumni and partners
- Ensure program quality including monitoring, evaluation, and learning, accountability, partnerships, alliances, communications, and program cycle management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leadership training curriculum development and/or implementation for Indian audiences across different sectors (Public, Private, INGO/NGO, Academia and, Philanthropy) and diverse socio-demographic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated track record of independently designing and developing curricula as well as processes, systems and tools to create, adapt, and contextualize instructional products that truly serve diverse audiences from different cultures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Interpersonal Skills: Proven ability to collaborate and co-create within teams and with clients and external stakeholders
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience in using MS office suite including spreadsheets, web-based applications such as email, social media, videoconferencing, program and task management applications, and ease in learning new programs
- Depth of experience, maturity, confidence, ability to learn and adapt, and give and receive feedback, befitting a Training Lead
- Demonstrated success in following through and successfully completing projects in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise cultural competency and work respectfully with a diverse team across varied cultures, geographies, and time zones
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (PREFERRED):
- Women’s Leadership, Gender Equality and/or Global or Public Health experience, particularly in an Indian context, is a plus
- Knowledge of digital & online learning modalities is a plus
- Additional language preferred, but not required
We are looking for talent that is passionate, self-driven, flexible, able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced demanding environment that shows strong initiative and ability to proactively manage assigned project deliverables with minimal supervision.
The talent will be hired through GFS Consulting Private Limited for WomenLift Health. Global Finance Strategies (GFS) founded in 2012 is a subsidiary of Global Health Strategies (GHS), which has been providing expert consulting services to clients working in international health and development for nearly 15 years. GFS has offices in New York, New Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Beijing, Nairobi and Johannesburg and supports work in diverse countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.